Decree Law No. 125/2017
- Issuer: Work, Solidarity and Social Security
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 125/2017
- Pages: 5592 - 5594
Summary in plain english
This decree-law indicates the entities responsible for promoting the accessibility of public buildings and spaces, in part because some of the entities previously mentioned in the law have been replaced and no longer exist.
Accessibility of buildings and public spaces is achieved by eliminating barriers that prevent people with disabilities from using such spaces in the same ways as other citizens.What will change? The list of public entities responsible for promoting accessibility will be updated
1. The mission of promoting accessibility in national buildings and monuments previously given to the Directorate General of National Buildings and Monuments is now given to INR, since the former no longer exists.
2. The General Inspectorate of Finance receives the power to inspect and sanction the violation of the duties imposed by law on local government bodies (such as local councils and civil parishes) in matters regarding accessibility.
3. The Directorate General of Cultural Heritage is now the entity responsible for issuing opinions on the fulfillment of the technical norms of accessibility in buildings with special historical and architectural interest.A Commission for the Promotion of Accessibilities will be created
The commission will evaluate accessibility in buildings and spaces:
- of State
- of local authorities
- of public institutes that are personalized services or public funds.
In six months or less each ministry must to have a technical team to promote accessibility. These teams have a duty to enforce the technical standards of accessibility in the buildings run by each ministry, and they must report to the INR about their activities.What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to promote compliance with the technical standards of accessibility and the correction of the remaining obstacles to the mobility of people. This is because the State must help build a more inclusive society in which all people enjoy their fundamental rights and freedoms under conditions of equal opportunities.When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect the day after being published.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law