Decree Law No. 106/2017
- Issuer: Work, Solidarity and Social Security
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 106/2017
- Pages: 5200 - 5202
Summary in plain english
This decree-law defines new rules for the collection, publication and disclosure of official statistical data on work accidents.
These rules apply to the work accident insurance of:
- the public sector
- the private, cooperative and social sectors
- self-employed workers
- domestic service.
Work accidents are accidents that occur:
- at the workplace
- during working hours
- on the way to work from home or to home from work
- at the place where the salary is to be received, on the way to or from that place
- where you are receiving treatment because of an occupational accident
- on the way between work and the place where meals are served during the working period
- on the way between your usual place of work and the place where you are doing some service requested by the employer
- outside the workplace or working hours, while performing services requested or allowed by the employer
- while performing services which, although not requested by the employer, can be economically beneficial for them.
Reporting work accidents to insurance companies is now made with a new officially approved form. This form will now be sent electronically. Microenterprises, self-employed workers or domestic workers can still send it on paper.
Insurance companies will now have to send data on work accidents to the State in digital form. This obligation applies even if this data refers to microenterprises, self-employed workers or domestic workers.What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to reduce administrative costs that insurers and the State have with the collection of statistical data on occupational accidents.When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect 90 days after being published.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law