Decree Law No. 80/2017
- Issuer: Economy
- Diploma Type: Decree Law
- Number: 80/2017
- Pages: 3315 - 3338
Summary in plain english
This decree-law defines new rules for the creation and operation of tourist accommodation establishments.
Tourist accommodation establishments provide paid housing services and a set of facilities, equipment, and services. For example:
- holiday villages
- tourist apartments
- camping and caravan sites
- guest houses and rural tourism.
The rules on the creation and operation of tourist accommodation establishments become simpler.Speeding up the creation of tourist accommodation establishments
- It will now be easier to predict how long it will take for an installation request to be analyzed.
- It will be faster to convert a building or apartment into tourist accommodation when:
- it requires only minor building work (work on the exterior that does not change the original appearance of the building or work on the interior that does not change the structure of the building)
- the building is not:
- classified (or in the process of being classified) as being of national or public interest
- located in a protected area for buildings that are classified or to be classified.
Turismo de Portugal no longer has to evaluate the construction project. This evaluation can be done if the person in charge of the establishments requests it. However, Turismo de Portugal must be involved in the classification of the establishment.
It is again mandatory to classify tourist accommodation establishments with stars.National Tourist Registry number is required when promoting accommodation
When promoting accommodation through booking websites or mobile apps, the National Tourist Registry number of the tourist accommodation establishment must be stated.What are its benefits?
This decree-law is intended to:
- facilitate the opening of new tourist accommodation establishments
- increase market safety and consumer confidence.
This decree-law comes into effect on 1 July 2017.
Legal translator is the translation of texts within the field of law