Decreto-Lei n.º 10-D/2020
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Infraestruturas e Habitação
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:10-(4) a 10-(10)
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law establishes exceptional and temporary measures concerning the electronic communications to respond to the epidemiological situation caused by the new SARS-CoV-2, causing the COVID-19 disease.
Given the public health emergency of international scope, declared by the World Health Organization on 30 January 2020, as well as the classification, on 11 March 2020, of the COVID-19 disease as a pandemic, the Government has been approving a set of extraordinary and urgent measures, in several matters.
What is going to change?
Companies that offer public communications networks or publicly available electronic communications should give priority to the continued provision of critical services.
The following are critical services:
- Voice and Short Message Services (SMS) supported on fixed and mobile networks;
- Uninterrupted access to emergency services;
- Data services supported on fixed and mobile networks;
- Distribution services of television signals (linear and digital terrestrial).
To ensure the continuity of critical services, enterprises offering public communications networks or publicly available electronic communications services may also take exceptional measures, for example:
- Establish priorities in the resolution of network failures and disturbances;
- Network and traffic management, including capacity reservation on the mobile network.
What advantages does it bring?
This law ensures the continuity of electronic communication services to priority customers, such as hospitals and security forces, as well as determining the critical electronic communication services that must be continuously provided to the Portuguese population.
It simplifies and suspends some obligations in order to guarantee an uninterrupted service to the population.
When does it enter into force?
This decree-law enters into force on the day following its publication.