Decreto-Lei n.º 74/2018
- Emissor:Presidência do Conselho de Ministros
- Entidade Proponente:Economia
- Tipo de Diploma:Decreto-Lei
- Páginas:4826 - 4832
Summary in plain english (Without legal value)
What is it?
This decree-law creates the special inspection career scheme of the Authority for Economic and Food Safety (ASAE — Autoridade de Segurança Alimentar e Económica).
What will change?
A special inspection career in ASAE will be created, in line with the general rules for public administration inspection careers and ASAE’s mission. From now on ASAE will have a single category inspection career.
Who can apply for the ASAE special inspection career?
a) up to 30 years of age
b) a degree, minimum
c) specific training with a final grade of 14 or more
d) driving license
e) physical fitness for the job (proven with medical certificate)
f) clean criminal record.
People hired or appointed to carry out public office for an indefinite period can apply until the age of 40.
The specialised training course will have a normal duration of 18 months and will be given by ASAE during the worker’s trial period. If completed successfully, the specialised training course requires the worker to work in ASAE for at least five years.
What do the ASAE inspectors do?
People in ASAE's special inspection career must always be available to perform the following duties:
- inspection and investigation
- procedural instruction
- information gathering
- technical or expert consulting
- design, adaptation or application of technical-scientific methods and processes
- preparing studies and opinions.
ASAE's inspectors perform different tasks to carry out their duties:
- planning and controlling operational activity
- carrying out preventive, investigative and inspection actions, including computer systems
- recording violations against the economy and public health
- collecting evidence
- taking necessary steps to prove and punish crimes and misconduct
- monitoring and collecting information
- carrying out market control actions
- preparing studies and opinions
- providing training and raising awareness to economic agents and other public services
- perform necessary tasks to fulfil ASAE’s mission.
What are its benefits?
ASAE’s inspection body, which, since its creation in 2006, was composed of three multi-category careers that had never been reviewed, will now have a single category career. Creating this career is very important to ensure ASAE’s good performance in regulating economic activities and food security.
When does it come into effect?
This decree-law comes into effect five days after being published.